Welcome! On the right, you'll find fun and
challenging problems that require critical thought.
None of the problems involve a 'trick' definition, but none the
less you'll need to think creatively to find the solution. Each
problem is star-rated according to its difficulty, with one star being
easy and five being extremely hard.
If you can't do one of the problems, don't worry. This website
is meant more as a learning tool than as an examination! Bear in mind
that academics often learn from each other and ask questions when they
don't understand something. It's more useful to read the hints and
the solutions than to become frustrated.
We hope you have fun!
- The Twelve days of Christmas (*/**) 1
- How many gifts did my true love send me?
- The squashed bee (**) 15 Oct 07
- How far does the bee travel before it's squashed?
- 12 coins (****) 14 Oct 07
- Find the counterfeit coin in 3 moves
- Black and blue socks (*) 28th Aug 07
- Choose a matching pair of socks in the dark
- 100 monks (**) 18th Aug 07
- How do you communicate simply by not dying?
- Coins on a table (***) 15 Aug 07
- The last person to place a coin wins
- 10 Barons (***) 15 Aug 07
- Help me catch a cheating Baron by weighing gold bars
- Fox, chicken, grain (*) 14 Aug 07
- Cross a river taking only one at a time
- 5 pirates (****) 14 Aug 07
- A tricky problem in booty allocation
- 50 states
- Our popular 50 states name game.
- England counties
- Name the 48 ceremonial counties of England.
- 53 countries and territories of Asia.